Guide to presenters for the 8th MUHAS Scientific Conference, 2020
There will be two main acceptable modes of presentation for the conference: A. Oral presentation B. Poster presentation. Please scroll down for instructions on presentation requirements.
A. Oral presentation
Oral presentations will be given in rooms CHPE building, Seminar room 1 (Bulding M), and Lecture Halls 4 and 5 as outlined in the pocket programme book. Each presenter will be given 10 minutes to present and 3 minutes for discussion.
Each room is equipped with a laptop, audio and or video system. All presenters are asked to use this system exclusively for their presentations. Please prepare your files on a USB key for transfer to the session room laptop ahead of session.
The characteristics of the system are the following
- Computer system: WINDOWS 10 (in English)
- Microsoft Office 2010, with Power Point 2010 compatible with older format
- Common video format as MPEG
- Adobe reader DC (latest version) (pdf) compatible with older versions
- VLC 2.2.1 compatible with older versions
A speakers’ preparation room (shown in your pocket book) will be used for your preparations including uploading your presentations to the main computer. Presentations must be uploaded on the session laptop in the morning before the sessions, during the break, or half an hour before the starting hour of the session. A session assistant will be there to help. Sessions will start on time; the respect of time schedule is essential to the success of the conference.
All posters will be installed around the coffee break area. The panels will be identified with a banner showing the ID code of your abstract. Each presenter will be given a unique number which she will use to identify her board for poster placement. The pocket book shows the time of your presentation. You are advised to stand by your posters for questions and elaboration. On your arrival, please access the poster area and locate your panel. A volunteer, will be there to help you fix your poster on the panel, small materials such as adhesive tapes, pins will be available
Poster size: 120cm * 120cm
You will be provided with the dates and time for your poster presentation (preferably during coffee breaks).
Conference Sub Themes:
- Opportunity for leveraging technology and artificial intelligence in solving health challenges.
- Demographic and epidemiological health challenges eg. Geriatrics, Adolescent and Child health
- Behavior Interventions in solving health challenges
- Health System Research
- Drug resistance, discovery and vaccine developments
- Mental health challenges of emerging economies
Deadline for Abstract Submission is 15th November 2020